Kelley Keehn has been a trusted voice for sound personal finance advice for decades. Kelley started her career helping some of Canada’s wealthiest, and then took her expertise to a broader audience to help people of all incomes as a personal finance educator. Today she joins the show to share insights from her new book, Rich Girl, Broke Girl, including how she is helping women claim their wealth.
Listen in as Kelley explains why so many women struggle to lean into their finances and why it is so important to remember how far we have come as women in regards to finances. You will learn the difference in behavior between wealthy and broke females, how to change your mindset around money, and how to be successful with investing.
“Not everyone who looks like they have money has money.” – Kelley Keehn
This Week on Young Money:
- How Kelley became involved in financial advice.
- The inspiration that led Kelley to focus on women claiming their wealth.
- Why some women aren’t leaning into their finances as much as they should.
- The importance of taking control of your own finances.
- How to change your mindset around your own finances.
- How to ensure you are utilizing every employee benefit plan available.
- What you must understand about inflation.
- Seek out expert advice.
- Educate yourself.
- Be open-minded around wealthy people.
- Assess your beliefs around money.
- Invest your money.
- Understand your employer benefits.
- Analyze your risk tolerance.
Connect with Kelley Keehn:
- Tracey Bissett – The Money Coach for Entrepreneurs YouTube Channel
- EP036 Kelley Keehn with 5 Ways We Sabotage Our Finances
- EP111 Milli Moves: Talk Money to Me with Kelley Keehn
- EP183 Talk Money to Me During COVID and Other Times of Financial Distress with Kelley Keehn
- EP057 Bankruptcy and Consumer Proposals what does it mean with Doug Hoyes
- EP149 Adulting 101: How to Deal with Overwhelming Debt Levels with Taz Rajan, Bromwich + Smith
- EP184 Credit Canada Debt Solutions with Keith Emery
- EP216 How to Deal with Debt Overload with Linda Stern
Young Money Listener Contest
We are celebrating four years of Young Money! So, if you love the Young Money podcast, show us by leaving a review on apple podcasts. Share your review with us on social media and tag us or send a pic through in the DMs.
For every review left for the Young Money podcast, you will be entered into a draw to win a book of your choice from one of our fabulous guests to help you on your financial fitness journey. There will be winners weekly so review away!
Contest closes January 31st!
Not sure how to leave a review, check out the instructions here.
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!