Keith Emery is the COO for Credit Canada Debt Solutions, the country’s first and longest-standing credit counseling agency. Keith’s experience in the financial literacy industry spans over two decades, and he is recognized as one of the nation’s leading experts in personal finance. Today he joins the show to discuss what credit counseling is and why he believes it is so important.
Listen in as Keith shares several common misconceptions around finances, as well as the first steps you need to take to work toward becoming financially successful. You will learn how to save for unexpected expenses (vet bills, new appliances, medical bills, etc.), how to avoid high-interest debt, and tips for anyone already struggling with debt.
“If we’re going to be financially successful, we have to have a budget surplus.” – Keith Emery
This Week on Young Money:
- A day in the life of Keith Emery.
- What a credit counselor does.
- Common misconceptions around finances.
- What happens when the income supports end.
- Trends Keith is noticing in the economy and in his clients’ financial lives.
- Tips for anyone struggling with debt.
- Biggest misconceptions about debt solutions.
- Don’t carry credit card debt.
- Prepare for unexpected expenses.
- Avoid high-interest debt.
- Be honest about your finances.
Connect with Keith and Credit Canada:
- EP023 How to Protect Yourself from Fraud
- EP044 Dangers of Payday Loans
- EP045 Stop Feeling Broke with Shannon Lee Simmons
- EP049 5 Questions to Answer Before Getting a Credit Card
- EP066 Living Debt-Free with Shannon Lee Simmons
- EP074 How to Protect Your Business from Fraud
- EP057 Bankruptcy and Consumer Proposals what does it mean with Doug Hoyes
- EP125 Adulting 101: Learn How to WIN at the Credit Game with Richard Moxley
- EP128 Adulting 101: How to Get Out of Debt – No Matter What Got You Into It
- EP129 Adulting 101: Equifax’s Julie Kuzmic on What’s a Credit Report & Should I Care?
- EP132 How to Protect Yourself from Fraud with Julie Kuzmic of Equifax
- EP137 How to Manage & Negotiate With Creditors (People You Owe Money)
- EP149 Adulting 101: How to Deal with Overwhelming Debt Levels with Taz Rajan, Bromwich + Smith
Entrepreneurs or those thinking about starting a biz or side hustle …
Join us for the Financial Foundation to Entrepreneurial Peace Training – Learn the Keys to Financial Basics & Money Mastery
Starting March 22 – With Money Coach Tracey Bissett
This free LIVE 5 Day training has been specifically designed for future and existing entrepreneurs across all industries online and offline who want to proactively change the way they are handling their money matters and navigate the current environment with success.
If you want to make informed, powerful money decisions, you do not want to miss this important LIVE training.
Register Now: www.bizpeace.com
In this free, LIVE 5 Day Training You Will Learn:
Day 1: Cash Flow 101 (Key #1) – Monday, March 22 at 11am EST
Day 2: Cash Flow forecasting 101 (Key #2) – Tuesday, March 23 at 11am EST
Day 3: Pricing 101 (Key #3) – Wednesday, March 24 at 11am EST
Day 4: Stakeholder Conversations (Key #4) – Thursday, March 25 at 11am EST
Day 5: Putting into Practice your Full Set of Keys – Friday, March 26 at 11am EST
Register Now: www.bizpeace.com
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!