Ean Price Murphy founded Moxie Bookkeeping & Coaching Inc to work with creative businesses and nonprofits – companies who are usually deeply engaged with their work but frequently not comfortable with numbers. In this episode, Ean joins the show to discuss her journey from bankruptcy to successful business owner, as well as the lessons she learned along the way.
Listen in as she explains the importance of being resilient and persistent in finding information regarding financial literacy. You will learn the importance of asking the right people the right questions, how to take the mystery out of money, and the benefit of doing your due diligence when seeking financial advice.
“I’m a firm believer that small business health is deeply connected to community health.” – Ean Price Murphy
This Week on Young Money:
- The importance of being resilient and persistent in life.
- Why you must understand your own value.
- The benefit of doing your own research in terms of wages.
- Why it’s important to talk about money.
- How to ask the right people the right questions.
- Why you shouldn’t spend money you don’t have.
- What to do when your family isn’t comfortable with money.
- Be resilient.
- Don’t be overly attached to the “how.”
- Ask for help.
- Let go of the shame around money.
- Do your due diligence.
- Advocate for yourself.
Connect with Ean Price Murphy:
- EP057 Bankruptcy and Consumer Proposals what does it mean with Doug Hoyes
- EP066 Living Debt-Free with Shannon Lee Simmons
- EP149 Adulting 101: How to Deal with Overwhelming Debt Levels with Taz Rajan, Bromwich + Smith
- EP184 Credit Canada Debt Solutions with Keith Emery
- Tracey Bissett – Money Coach Youtube Channel
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!