Young adults, young professionals, and students often find it hard to manage their finances, especially when they are doing it for the first time in their lives. The choices made now can have a long-term effect on their financial fitness, which will ultimately impact other parts of their lives. Whether you love their live shows and music or not, Jennifer Lopez and Shakira – the two star attractions of the Halftime show at Superbowl 54 – have many great lessons to teach young millionaires-in-the-making on finding financial and career success.
Today, I share three financial fitness lessons I have learned from Jennifer Lopez and Shakira. I share how persistence, hard work, and long-term approaches helped Shakira and JLO ride out their failures and find success. I share how you can put small steps in place to reduce your debt and start saving. I highlight the need for you to be accountable for your finances and financial management. I also share why you need to set financial goals and put a plan in place to ensure you achieve them.
“Small, steady positive actions related to savings or debt reduction ultimately lead us to financial success.” – Tracey Bissett
This Week on Young Money:
- Quick facts on Jennifer Lopez and Shakira
- The big failures and the big successes experienced by JLO and Shakira
- Using hard work, persistence, and a long-term approach to find success
- Using small, positive actions to reduce debt and increase your savings
- Being accountable and taking an active role in your financial life
- Preparing for Canadian tax time
- The powerful messages of positivity and inclusion from JLO and Shakira
- Taking time to set goals and plans to achieve them
Three financial fitness lessons:
- There are no shortcuts
- Be accountable
- The sky is the limit
- EP017 Super Bowl’s Musical Talent – Justin Timberlake & Lady Gaga
- EP067 5 Financial Lessons Learned from Maroon 5
- EP090 3 Financial Fitness Lessons from Rihanna & Jay-Z
- EP101 How to Take Control of Your Financial Future like Taylor Swift
Young Money Listener Contest!
I‘d be so grateful if you could share news of Young Money on social media. For every share of the Young Money podcast that you tag me in on Instagram (@bissetfinfit), Twitter (@bissetfinfit), Facebook (@bissetfinfit) or Linked In (Tracey Bissett) you will be entered into a draw to win a fabulous prize to help you on your financial fitness journey. There will be multiple winners so share away! Contest closes on January 31st!
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!