Chris Wilkins is the founder and CEO of School Finder Group, an organization that helps students decide where to go to school, what they want to do when they graduate, and how to pay for it. Chris is an expert in media, digital, and tech and works closely with the SchoolFinder Group team, clients, and partners. He is active outside of work and loves to explore Toronto, travel, read, and stay active. He has an MBA from London Business School and a BA in History from York University, Glendon College.
Chris joins me today to share how to prepare for accessible post-secondary education. He reveals the resources available to students and how longer life expectancies make it more likely that you will work in several careers. He shares how to approach conversations around educational choices with your family. He also shares the options and availability of scholarships for first and subsequent degrees.
“As a 17 or 18-year-old, you want to be doing whatever you are doing for yourself.” – Chris Wilkins
This Week on Young Money:
- How SchoolFinder, ScholarshipsCanada, and StudyinCanada help students with educational and career choices
- When students should start planning for post secondary education
- How longer life expectancies set the stage for multiple careers
- How to manage family discussions on educational decisions
- Financial success strategies
- How to find and apply for scholarships
- Scholarships for bachelor, subsequent and master degrees
- Non-academic based scholarships
- Make your own decisions but include family.
- Focus on your passion.
- Be prepared.
- Scholarships are not just for first-year students.
- EP048 Increasing Access to Post Secondary Education with Shelley Clayton
- EP104 AI Career Transitions with Brian Lenahan
- EP113 Milli Moves: How to Pay for Postsecondary Education Before, During and After School with Suzanne Tyson
Connect with Chris Wilkins:
Young Money Listener Contest!
I‘d be so grateful if you could share news of Young Money on social media. For every share of the Young Money podcast that you tag me in on Instagram (@bissetfinfit), Twitter (@bissetfinfit), Facebook (@bissetfinfit) or Linked In (Tracey Bissett) you will be entered into a draw to win a fabulous prize to help you on your financial fitness journey. There will be multiple winners so share away! Contest closes on January 31st!
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!