Sharon Connolly is the Vice President of the Newcomer Entrepreneur Success Team (NEST) at Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), a bank that is solely devoted to entrepreneurs. She is passionate about leading teams to offer the best solutions to clients and has worked in the real estate financing and commercial lending sector for more than 20 years. As the NEST team leader, she helps newcomer entrepreneurs to overcome systemic barriers and accelerate their businesses. Sharon holds a BBA from the University of Prince Edward Island and an MBA from the Schulich School of Business at York University.
Sharon joins me today to share how young entrepreneurs and newcomers are becoming prevalent in the face of entrepreneurship in Canada. She highlights how BDC supports entrepreneurs with resources and advice. She reveals the ways entrepreneurs can relieve stress and build their skill sets. Sharon also shares two elements that are fundamental to finding success and the support available for women entrepreneurs.
“The key for entrepreneurs is to work through their stresses by talking to somebody or finding an outlet.” – Sharon Connolly
This Week on Young Money:
- BDC’s offers of term debt financing solutions, advisory services, and access to non-traditional financing
- How entrepreneurship is on the rise and the stressors facing entrepreneurs
- Four groups that are starting businesses at a higher rate than ever before
- Three ways entrepreneurs can relieve their stress
- Building skill sets through training, networking, e-learning, and working with a business coach
- How the NEST team helps newcomers understand Canadian business culture, networking, and language skills
- How planning and tapping into resources are the keys to success
- Entrepreneurship is back on the rise
- Entrepreneurs are passionate about what their businesses are about
- Entrepreneurs need to release their stress
- There are many resources out there
- BDC Study: A Nation of Entrepreneurs
- Financial Management Game
- EP020 Business Financing Tips with Sharon Connolly, VP at BDC
Connect with Sharon Connolly:
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Sharon Connolly on LinkedIn
- BDC on LinkedIn
- BDC on Facebook
- BDC on Twitter
- BDC on Instagram
Young Money Listener Contest!
I‘d be so grateful if you could share news of Young Money on social media. For every share of the Young Money podcast that you tag me in on Instagram (@bissetfinfit), Twitter (@bissetfinfit), Facebook (@bissetfinfit) or Linked In (Tracey Bissett) you will be entered into a draw to win a fabulous prize to help you on your financial fitness journey. There will be multiple winners so share away! Contest closes on January 31st!
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!