Sheena Russell is the founder and CEO of Made with Local, a heart-led food company based in Nova Scotia, Canada. The company provides nourishing, handmade foods made with locally sourced ingredients. Their mission is to offer healthier snack options to Canadians that are made with simple ingredients, taste great, and packed with love while building a community to bridge the gap between local farmers and social enterprise bakeries.
Sheena joins me today to share how she started her company and their mission to offer healthier snack options to families and individuals throughout Canada. She shares the factors that led to her success and how her husband has been a significant source of inspiration while growing her business. She also shares the biggest financial challenges she has faced and how she overcame them, how she plans to expand the company to reach other communities within Canada, and why she is passionate about working with local growers and businesses.
“We try to really take care of the community that is around us.” – Sheena Russell
This Week on Young Money:
- How she started her business.
- How she transitioned from being a solopreneur to building a local team.
- Factors that lead to her entrepreneurial success.
- The gifts she received from the universe.
- Her experience with applying to become a SheEO funded venture.
- The biggest financial challenge she has faced and how she overcame it.
- Why her husband is her biggest financial inspiration.
- How she plans to expand the company into new communities throughout Canada.
Sheena Russell’s Top 3 Success Tips:
- Have faith.
- Be fearless.
- Have the confidence to take calculated risks.
- Episode 024 – Young, Fun, and Financially Free with Leanna Haakons of Black Hawk Financial
- Episode 035 – How to Prepare for a Side Hustle with Jeet Banerjee
- The Flower Cart Group
- Dartmouth Adult Services Centre (DASC)
- Vicki Saunders, Founder of SheEO, on LinkedIn
Share the Love. Spread the Word about Made with Local!
- Buy and share the Made with Local products.
- Follow and interact with Made with Local on social media.
Connect with Sheena Russell:
- Made with Local Website
- Made with Local on Twitter
- Made with Local on Instagram
- Made with Local on Facebook
- Made with Local on LinkedIn
- Sheena Russell on LinkedIn
Can I AFFORD it?
This episode is sponsored by the masterclass Can I Afford It? How to be certain of what you can and can’t afford in your business in 5 minutes or less every time. This training has been specifically designed for entrepreneurs with sales in the 6 to 7 figure range to provide the 5 steps to Cash Flow Clarity.
If you are an entrepreneur with sales at these levels and want to make powerful money decisions, you do not want to miss this important masterclass. Head over to bissettfinancialfitness.com/afford to register now. Stop asking yourself the question can I AFFORD it?
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review. Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!