D’Arcy McDonald is the Senior Vice President, Retail Deposits, Investments & Payments of Scotiabank, where his goal is to help customers become better off through convenient everyday banking, payment, and investment advice experiences. As we continue our celebration of Financial Literacy month, D’Arcy joins the show to discuss the recently released survey from Scotiabank detailing how Canadians are thinking about spending as they progress forward out of the pandemic.
Listen in as he shares how the pandemic has changed people’s saving habits and what the younger generation seems to be most concerned about financially moving forward. You will learn how to deal with financial anxiety, how to prepare for unexpected expenses, and why you shouldn’t have to go through financial stress alone.
“About 2 in 3 Canadians say they will not return to pre-pandemic spending habits.” -D’Arcy McDonald
This Week on Young Money:
- What D’Arcy’s day-to-day life looks like.
- How to manage expenses to keep up with bills and credit commitments.
- How to feel in control of your overall debt situation.
- Where to begin when navigating the financial marketplace.
- Why you do not have to make a financial plan alone.
- How to prepare for unexpected expenses.
- The importance of continuing to learn about finances.
- Seek education.
- Create a plan.
- Review your finances.
- Ask for help.
- Be prepared.
Connect with D’Arcy McDonald:
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!