Jackie Porter is one of Canada’s most recognized, award-winning financial planners, the founder of Ask Jackie, and the co-author of Single by Choice or Chance: The smart woman’s guide to living longer, better. She has worked in the financial services industry for nearly 20 years, serving thousands of families, businesses, and professionals in the Greater Toronto Area. She has been featured in various publications including Wealth Professionals, Investment Executive, Forum, and The Globe & Mail and has shared actionable, easy-to-understand advice at business conferences as well as on TV, radio, and through the podcast medium.
Jackie joins me today to discuss the importance of financial resiliency and how you can put a plan in place to become financially resilient. She discusses the uncertainty and disruptiveness of modern times and explains how you can put a financial plan in place to prepare for the unexpected. She also explains the importance of living below your means, developing a savings plan, and why people should plan for future events, such as starting a family and getting married.
“Expect uncertainty; expect disruption and build a fortress around your finances so you can be more equipped to deal with life’s setbacks.” – Jackie Porter
This Week on Young Money:
- How Jackie helps people understand their finances.
- The meaning of financial resilience and why it is essential to be prepared for disruption and uncertainty.
- How to build a fortress around your fortune and make the most of the resources you have.
- Strategies to improve your financial resiliency.
- Why it is crucial for women to review their finances and plan for retirement.
- Why you should live below your means and include a savings element in your financial plan.
- Common myths and misconceptions regarding financial resilience.
- Why you should consider the best-case and worst-case scenarios when creating your financial plan.
- Be prepared for uncertainty.
- Think bigger and think long term.
- Pay attention to the financials of the company that employs you.
- Live below your means.
- Be a keen observer of what is going on and take responsibility.
- Spend money on what you value.
Connect with Jackie Porter:
- Ask Jackie
- Jackie Porter on Twitter
- Jackie Porter on Facebook
- Jackie Porter on LinkedIn
- Jackie Porter on Instagram
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on iTunes.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!