Are you ready to challenge the norms of personal finance with the bold trend of loud budgeting? In this episode, I explore this trend, which encourages openly declaring and adhering to your financial goals. Spearheaded by Lukas Battle on social media, this movement marks a departure from quiet luxury, advocating for courageous, value-driven financial decisions. I’ll delve into how this approach not only curbs impulse spending, but also adapts effectively to the current economic landscape.
Listen in as I revisit themes of financial openness from previous episodes, highlighting how discussing finances with others can lead to better decision-making. I also explore loud budgeting’s role in addressing financial bullying and influencing consumer behaviors like “buy now, pay later” schemes, emphasizing its impact on personal finance management.
“It’s not ‘I don’t have enough’. It’s ‘I don’t want to spend’.” – Tracey Bissett
This Week on Young Money:
- What loud budgeting is and its rise to popularity.
- How this trend has shifted the norm from quiet luxury to open financial planning.
- Previous episodes that align with the theme of financial openness and accountability.
- The role of loud budgeting in current economic scenarios and its impact on consumer behavior.
- Open discussions about finances can foster better financial decisions and relationships.
- Economic conditions influence personal finance strategies.
- Aligning financial actions with personal values and goals is key.
- EP031 True Cost of Being a Wedding Guest
- EP037 Cohabitate in a Financially Fit Way
- EP092 How to be In Love AND Financially Fit with Wendy Brookhouse
- EP103 Are you a financial bully?
- EP114 Milli Moves: Are you Uber Broke?
- EP158 Milli Moves: Mind Your Own Business About Money
- EP226 Financial Accountability Over Financial Resolutions
- EP247 Buy Now Pay Later 101
- EP292 Navigating Financial Firsts and Spending Shifts with Interac
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!