Glenda Healy is an educator and researcher whose goal is to help parents and students find financial aid for post secondary education. The founder of Seeking Scholarships, Glenda also published The Scholarship Report, a popular newsletter on financial aid, scholarships, and bursaries subscribed to by hundreds of schools in Ontario. Her two children have won over $65,000 in scholarships, and she joins us today to discuss how to set your scholarship applications up for success.
Listen in as Glenda shares her best advice for getting scholarships, bursaries, and government funding to ease some of the financial burdens of post secondary education. You’ll learn the dos and don’ts of applying for awards, tips and tricks to maximize your chances of success, and how to leverage awards to get even more funding.
“My passion is that everybody has equal access to education.” – Glenda Healy
This Week on Young Money:
- What a day in the life of Glenda looks like as she helps guidance counselors and parents navigate external funding sources.
- What drove her to pursue this line of work and how she was able to get over $65,000 of scholarships for her children.
- Key things to include in a scholarship application to make it stand out.
- How Glenda kept everything organized when her children were applying for awards.
- The things to avoid when applying for funding.
- Why you should always apply for scholarships, even if you don’t think you’ll get them.
- Volunteerism is a critical component of successful scholarship applications.
- Leverage your awards to win even more scholarships and bursaries.
- Always apply for as much funding as you can.
- Glenda Healy: Website | Email | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- The Scholarship Report Handbook
- Live Virtual Workshop: Planning & Funding Post-Secondary
Young Money Scholarship Fund
Thank you to all post secondary students who applied for The Young Money Scholarship Fund. The fund was established to help post secondary students achieve their goals by removing some of the financial strain from the equation and is powered by Bissett Financial Fitness Inc.
Applications for this round have now closed and we will be announcing the recipients shortly. Don’t worry if you missed this round – this was the first round of many!
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!
Get Your Young Money Questions ANSWERED!
Want to learn more about how you can stay financially fit or share a question about money? Leave a voice message to get all of your Young Money questions answered.
Remember – there is no silly question when it comes to your financial fitness.