Lucinda Hartley is the Co-Founder and Chief Innovation Officer at Neighbourlytics, a pioneering social analytics platform that is helping to create human-centered cities. Lucinda has more than a decade of experience in urban innovation, working for companies such as CoDesign Studio. During her time with CoDesign Studio, she created The Neighbourhood Project, which is Australia’s most significant community-led placemaking program. Lucinda was one of Melbourne’s Top 100 most influential people in 2012 and was elected for five years to the UN-Habitat Youth Advisory Board.
Lucinda joins me today to share how social data is being used to shape communities and cities. She reveals her passion for change and how it has affected her career. She highlights why you need to have the courage to try out your business ideas and the advantages of starting as early as possible. Lucinda also shares why it is vital to be financially literate and choose mentors that will coach you on a personal and professional level.
Neighbourlytics is one of the five companies selected as a 2018/2019 SheEO funded venture in Australia in its inaugural year.
“It’s worth getting going with an idea or business concept, even if it’s small because it’s easier to pivot, grow, and change that as you experiment with it.” – Lucinda Hartley
This Week on Young Money:
- The social data that Neighbourlytics records.
- How Lucinda’s drive to be an influencer of change shaped her career.
- Why you should try out your small business ideas.
- Why your business ideas must generate revenue.
- The value of being financially literate and on top of your numbers.
- Why you should seek out professional and personal mentors.
- Communities need to be shaped.
- Practical financial literacy is the key to running a business.
- Reach out to people you know and trust to help you improve your financial literacy.
Connect with Lucinda Hartley
- Neighbourlytics on Instagram
- Neighbourlytics on Twitter
- Neighbourlytics on Facebook
- Neighbourlytics on LinkedIn
- Lucinda Hartley on Instagram
- Lucinda Hartley on Twitter
- Lucinda Hartley on LinkedIn
Can I AFFORD it?
This episode is sponsored by the masterclass Can I Afford It? How to be certain of what you can and can’t afford in your business in 5 minutes or less every time. This training has been specifically designed for entrepreneurs with sales in the 6 to 7 figure range to provide the 5 steps to Cash Flow Clarity.
If you are an entrepreneur with sales at these levels and want to make powerful money decisions, you do not want to miss this important masterclass. Head over to bissettfinancialfitness.com/afford to register now. Stop asking yourself the question can I AFFORD it?
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!