Robyn McLean is the Founder and Co-owner of the Hello Cup company where she handles the marketing and communications of the business. A quirky and out-of-the-box style is her specialty. She mentors startups in marketing and how to stand out from the crowd. Robyn has previously worked as the PR Manager for local government and the Royal New Zealand Ballet, as well as been a journalist for newspapers such as the Sunday Star Times, Dominion Post, and The Taranaki Daily News.
Robyn joins me today to share how an idea to try something turned into a business idea and a product that could change the world. Hello Cup was recently recognized as a 2018/2019 Top 5 New Zealand SheEO funded Venture. She reveals how her passion for words and has helped craft the marketing message for the Hello Cup company and how social media is giving a voice to people who want to be an entrepreneur and start a company. Robyn also describes how the mindset of having faith in yourself and your idea is key to turning an idea into a product or service and starting a successful business.
“Especially in this day and age, it is not difficult to start a company and give your idea a go.” – Robyn McLean
This Week on Young Money:
- How an idea to try something turned into creating something that could change the world.
- Her experience of moving from journalism to a PR role and getting the message across as simply as possible.
- How social media is helping small companies breakthrough and find a voice.
- Why you need to have faith in yourself and have the confidence to try things out.
- The key areas that businesses should be looking at when creating a business model.
- How as a SheEO funded venture Hello Cup is working on the world’s to do list.
- Why it is important to forge your path and follow your gut.
- Have the courage and confidence to go with your idea.
- Be bold.
- Try to develop something you would like to have had when you were younger.
- Make the world a better place.
Connect with Robyn McLean:
Can I AFFORD it?
This episode is sponsored by the masterclass Can I Afford It? How to be certain of what you can and can’t afford in your business in 5 minutes or less every time. This training has been specifically designed for entrepreneurs with sales in the 6 to 7 figure range to provide the 5 Steps to Cash Flow Clarity.
If you are an entrepreneur with sales at these levels and want to make powerful money decisions, you do not want to miss this important masterclass. Head over to bissettfinancialfitness.com/afford to register now. Stop asking yourself the question can I AFFORD it?
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a rating and review. Visit our website to learn how easy it is to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!