Suzanne Tyson has spent the majority of her career working in roles within the higher education and student funding sectors and is the founder of HigherEdPoints, the only company worldwide that allows parents and students to convert loyalty points into funds to pay for higher education. Due to the assistance she provides to students and parents with the tuition payments, Suzanne was chosen as 2017 Top 7 SheEO Canadian Funded Venture.
Suzanne joins me today to share how you can use your loyalty points to pay for your education. She explains how HigherEdPoints works, the other items these loyalty points can cover, and the significance of learning these financial lessons and teaching them to your children.
“In my younger years I used to think that you earn what you spend ? not the best strategy for the longer term.” – Suzanne Tyson
This Week on Young Money:
- What HigherEdPoints is about
- What prompted Suzanne to start this business
- How students can use their funds aside from paying for tuition fees
- Why contributing to RRSP as soon as she finished school and saving something for a rainy day are some of the things she wished she knew when she was younger
- Which schools are included in the program
- How parents and loved ones are made aware of this program
- What SheEO is and what it does
- What the “Middle Sixty” is about
- If you’re starting a business, you have to love the business that you’re starting and the people that you’re going to be working with or helping to carry you through the ups and downs.
- It’s always great to look back on where you spent your money.
- Save money during your younger years.
- Never, ever carry a balance on your credit card.
- A lot of financial learning comes from the parents by not making it a scary subject.
- Not Your Parents’ Higher Ed Article
- Left High and Dry: Higher Education’s ‘Middle Sixty’ Article
- 8 Ways to Save Money on Your OSAP Loan Article
- Best Sources of Funds for Higher Education Article
Connect with Suzanne Tyson:
- HigherEdPoints Website
- HigherEdPoints on Facebook
- HigherEdPoints on Twitter
- HigherEdPoints on LinkedIn
Can I AFFORD it?
This episode is sponsored by the masterclass Can I Afford It? How to be certain of what you can and can’t afford in your business in 5 minutes or less every time. This training has been specifically designed for entrepreneurs with sales in the 6 to 7 figure range to provide the 5 steps to Cash Flow Clarity.
If you are an entrepreneur with sales at these levels and want to make powerful money decisions, you do not want to miss this important masterclass. Head over to bissettfinancialfitness.com/afford to register now. Stop asking yourself the question can I AFFORD it?
Rate, Share & Inspire Other Young Millionaires-in-the-Making
Thanks for tuning into the Young Money Podcast – the advice show for young millionaires-in-the-making! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review. Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes on social media!